Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant with multiple anti-aging properties including glowing and enhanced skin, removal of blemishes, improved acne symptoms, improved skin quality, collagen production and more. Increased glutathione interacts with melanin production, the main pigment resulting in pigmentation of the skin and darker skin tone. Melanocytes convert an amino acid called tyrosine into melanin using an enzyme called tyrosinase. Glutathione inhibits tyrosinase glycosylation and thus blocks the production of melanin and skin pigmentation.
Our bodies naturally produce glutathione but oral consumption of glutathione pills or tablets have not been found to dramatically increase glutathione levels in our bodies. IV Glutathione therapy for skin enhancement usually involves weekly intravenous administration of glutathione ranging from eight to ten sessions for desired results. Every person is different and has a different skin tone and skin pigmentation and thus results and treatment required varies.
IV Glutathione and IV Vitamin C for skin enhancement
Numerous medical articles and publications have shown the health benefits of vitamin c for the body and skin specifically. Vitamin C also inhibits the enzyme tyrosinase and thus also decreases the production of melanin. IV therapy for skin enhancement can combine Vitamin C with glutathione for a more potent skin improvement. Besides Vitamin C and skin enhancement effects, Vitamin C helps repair damaged skin, helps collagen production, fights redness and inflammation, increases the elasticity of the skin, resulting in younger and more youthful skin and appearance. As mentioned glutathione has many health benefits including supporting the central nervous system, eliminating toxins from the body, detoxifying the body, improving liver function, improving respiratory conditions and more.
- Glutathione is a critical nutrient involved in crucial body functions that include detoxification, mitochondrial function, reducing inflammation, and healthy aging.
- Glutathione serves as a cofactor for antioxidant enzymes that help reduce oxidative stress in the body.
- Glutathione helps regenerate important vitamins such as Vitamin C and E.
- High cellular and mitochondrial levels of glutathione are strongly associated with health and longevity.
- Depletion of glutathione levels has been implicated in many chronic degenerative diseases including: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, autoimmune disease, COPD, asthma, hypertension, and premature aging.
- IV Vitamin C for skin enhancement
- Vitamin C injections for skin repair
- Glutathione injections for overall skin improvement
Glutathione health and healing benefits
- Reduces oxidative stress
- May improve psoriasis
- Reduces cell damage in alcoholic and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Improves insulin resistance in older individuals
- Increases mobility for people with peripheral artery disease
- Reduces symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
Receiving an IV infusion of glutathione is the best method to assure that this nutrient gets into the blood system and throughout the body where it is needed.