Few medications have demonstrated sufficient efficacy in the treatment of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a chronic and disabling condition. Long used as a safe and effective sedative for surgery, Ketamine has found new life as a treatment for post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as conditions that commonly co-occur with PTSD: severe depression and chronic pain.
Today, Ketamine is an alternative treatment for those who have not responded well to traditional PTSD medications such as antidepressants and antipsychotics. As Ketamine is administered intravenously directly into the body and bloodstream, there is not the slow build and slow impact that is associated with oral antidepressant medications.
Research has shown that even a single infusion of Ketamine can cause an initial decrease in PTSD symptoms, and completion of a full cycle of infusions can have long-lasting effects.
Overview: IV Ketamine for PTSD at Vitality Medical Infusions
- Ketamine is administered intravenously (IV) over 45 to 60 minutes, for a series of six infusions, generally every other day over a 2-3 week period. Our clinic has flexible hours to develop an infusion schedule that works for you.
- Studies have demonstrated that the effects can last from several weeks to several months.
- The dose and duration of your Ketamine infusion may be modified to meet your specific independent requirements.
- Occasionally, a booster infusion may be necessary to continue to extend the benefits of your initial series of infusions and keep your PTSD symptoms in remission. These booster infusions are on average every 4-8 weeks. Some patients experience up to three months of effects before feeling like they need to return for their first maintenance infusion.
- Maintain ongoing, regular contact with both your Primary Care Provider and your primary Mental Health Provider during and after your series of ketamine infusions.
- Cost: Each infusion is $550. Total cost for the full series of 6 infusions is $3,300. We also offer a military discount.
How do I get started?
- Contact Vitality Medical Infusions to schedule your free initial consultation with our clinical experts.
- Complete and submit the patient information form.